To reduce the risk of purchasing counterfeit parts, Sierra Circuits will:
- Not knowingly procure counterfeit material.
- Purchase whenever possible from original or their Authorized dealers. Preferably in the USA and Western Europe.
- Purchase from Brokers / Non-Franchised distributors after consideration of alternate parts, reasonable search of parts from franchised/authorized sources, and written approval from the customer.
- Employ a risk-based approach to reduce the frequency and impact of counterfeit material within Sierra Circuits acquisition process and life-cycle sustainment processes by applying prevention and early detection procedures to minimize the presence of counterfeit material within Sierra Circuit’s supply chain.
- Investigate, analyze, and assess all cases of suspected counterfeit material.
- Document occurrences of suspect and confirmed counterfeit material to the customer and to the appropriate reporting systems including the Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP).