Soldering workshop presented by Jim Smith from November 19th to 21st in Sunnyvale, CA.
After the success of our first soldering workshop in July that attendees rated 5/5, we are excited to announce the round #2, still led by expert Jim Smith of Electronics Manufacturing Sciences on November 19-21, 2019 in Silicon Valley.
You will learn:
- That soldering is mostly about chemistry
- 7 easy steps that guarantee perfect soldering
- The workmanship that all customers expect
- Why most of what you’ve been told about soldering is wrong
- A simple technique for ensuring that components never get much above the melting temperature of solder (most component failures are caused by overheating components)
- Why cosmetically “perfect” connections may not be reliable
- Why your company soldering techniques guarantee failure
- How to make a $90 soldering iron perform like an $800 iron
- Why “soldering” tin-plated parts is not actually soldering
- A simple, easy way to work with ground planes
- The fast, simple way to solder fine-pitch surface mount components
- How to replace any component — without damaging the PCB (and without any special equipment)
- The secret to easy lead-free soldering
- Why you can’t inspect-in reliability
- Why flux-cored solder isn’t suited to soldering
- Why the greatest challenges of the lead-free world have almost nothing to do with the solder alloy
- To never trust any lessons from the Internet
- The “industry standards” that are 100% wrong
- How to pick a true “no clean” flux (and avoid the false claims of flux manufacturers)
- And much, much more on how to achieve perfect soldering…
Get more information and REGISTER NOW for our soldering workshop with Jim Smith!