Sierra met Steve Watt, Manager of PCB Engineering at Zuken, during PCB West 2017 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. After his presentation on how to improve flexible printed circuit manufacturing, he shared a few tips in front of our camera. Listen to him discuss CR-8000, DfM checks, and flexible PCB designing.
Watch Steve answer our questions!
Here are the questions we asked Steve:
0:05 Can you discuss CR-8000 and how does it handle DfM checks?
2:00 What should designers keep in mind when designing flexible PCBs?
3:23 What are the special DfM checks you recommend for flex PCBs?
4:34 Why do customers choose Zuken?
If you could not attend PCB West or stop by Sierra’s booth, do not miss our video series! Because we know you care about PCBs, board design, and engineering, we interviewed the most talented, knowledgeable speakers of the show.
Check out the full list of the PCB West interviews already posted or to come soon on Sierra’s blog:
– Humair Mandavia, Chief Strategy Officer at Zuken
– Simon Fried, CBO of Nano Dimension
– Pete Waddell, President of UP Media and Founder of PCB West
– Hemant Shah, Product Management Group Director at Cadence
– Vince Di Lello, Senior Principal Product Engineer at Cadence
– Neil Hubble, Director of Engineering at AkroMetrix
– John Coonrod, Technical Marketing Manager at Rogers Corporation
– Ben Jordan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Altium
– Robert Boguski, President of Datest Corp
– Joe Fjelstad, Founder of Verdant Electronics
– Zuken and Nano Dimension
Ordering PCBs just became faster and easier than ever. Sierra’s new Turnkey Pro tool helps you to order your boards entirely online from fabrication to component procurement and assembly. This revolutionary service streamlines the entire circuit board ordering process, eliminating delays and hassle. Sierra offers 5, 7 or 10 day turnkey options and you can get your quote and place your order in just 5 minutes. Click here to learn more.