PCB West 2017: Simon Fried Interview
During PCB West Exhibition Day, Sierra talked with Simon Fried, CBO, Director & Co-Founder of Nano Dimension, a company based in Israel. Simon discussed DragonFly, a revolutionary 3D printer that will amaze PCB designers.
Watch Simon answer our questions!
Here are the questions we asked Simon:
0:05 Can you explain how a multi-layered PCB can be produced in a few hours with your 3D printing technology DragonFly?
2:00 What are the fine features limitation of DragonFly: minimum trace widths, thickness, number of interconnections…?
3:24 Are the dielectric inks you use suitable for RF and microwave frequency?
4:23 How will a PCB layout designer design a PCB suitable for DragonFly?
5:19 Are there any tools required?
6:00 When do you think DragonFly will be commercially available?
6:25 Who do you target with DragonFly?
If you could not attend PCB West or stop by Sierra’s booth, do not miss our video series! Because we know you care about PCBs, board design, and engineering, we interviewed the most talented, knowledgeable speakers of the show.
Check out the full list of the PCB West interviews already posted or to come soon on Sierra’s blog:
– Steve Watt, Manager of PCB Engineering at Zuken
– Humair Mandavia, Chief Strategy Officer at Zuken
– Pete Waddell, President of UP Media and Founder of PCB West
– Hemant Shah, Product Management Group Director at Cadence
– Vince Di Lello, Senior Principal Product Engineer at Cadence
– Neil Hubble, Director of Engineering at AkroMetrix
– John Coonrod, Technical Marketing Manager at Rogers Corporation
– Ben Jordan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Altium
– Robert Boguski, President of Datest Corp
– Joe Fjelstad, Founder of Verdant Electronics
– Zuken and Nano Dimension