PCB West is a great opportunity to hear about all the upcoming trends in the industry. Joe Fjelstad, Founder of Verdant Electronics, stopped by Sierra’s booth to explain the OCCAM process, a solder-free, Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS)-compliant method for use in the manufacturing of electronic circuit boards developed by his company. Listen to his interview to learn more.
Watch Joe answer our questions!
Here are the questions we asked Joe:
0:05 What is the OCCAM process?
2:03 Why don’t designers use the OCCAM process?
8:00 How many layers, traces, interconnections and so on can you achieve with this technology?
10:17 Is this applicable to rigid and flex PCBs?
If you could not attend PCB West or stop by Sierra’s booth, do not miss our video series! Because we know you care about PCBs, board design, and engineering, we interviewed the most talented, knowledgeable speakers of the show.
Check out the full list of the PCB West interviews already posted or to come soon on Sierra’s blog:
– Steve Watt, Manager of PCB Engineering at Zuken
– Humair Mandavia, Chief Strategy Officer at Zuken
– Simon Fried, CBO of Nano Dimension
– Pete Waddell, President of UP Media and Founder of PCB West
– Hemant Shah, Product Management Group Director at Cadence
– Vince Di Lello, Senior Principal Product Engineer at Cadence
– John Coonrod, Technical Marketing Manager at Rogers Corporation
– Neil Hubble, Director of Engineering at AkroMetrix
– Ben Jordan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Altium
– Robert Boguski, President of Datest Corp
– Zuken and Nano Dimension
Ordering PCBs just became faster and easier than ever. Sierra’s new Turnkey Pro tool helps you to order your boards entirely online from fabrication to component procurement and assembly. This revolutionary service streamlines the entire circuit board ordering process, eliminating delays and hassle. Sierra offers 5, 7 or 10 day turnkey options and you can get your quote and place your order in just 5 minutes. Click here to learn more.